This type of behavoir in Gmail occurs because it has stored or remembered all e-mail addresses used for that particular individual. To get rid of the un-used addresses and leave the correct one for use, please follow the instructions below.
- Open Gmail
- Now create or send a new e-mail message
- When you type in the name into the "To..." field Gmail will show a list of potential recipients and addresses which will add the asociated e-mail address.
- Take note of any of the addresses that you wish to get rid of
- Now click on the App's icon. It should be located in the top right corner of the screen between your name and the bell shaped icon.
- Now select 'Contacts'
- On the left side of the sceen, select 'Other Contacts'
- Click in the check box next to any of the name/address pairs that you wish to delete (You can use the search bar at the top to quickly navigate to specific names)
- Now select 'More' and click 'delete contact'